Lucy, Jimmy and I went to Grandma Dede's house today, while Eleanor was at school. While we were there she gave me three ears of fresh sweet corn. Being an Iowa girl, you think I would love fresh corn. But, due to a basketball accident in high school with my front teeth...I am scared to bite into a piece of corn. Eleanor & Lucy, on the other hand, LOVE this stuff. Grandpa Doug makes it a lot in the summers and Ella calls it 'popcorn'.
When we picked Eleanor up from school and she saw the plastic garbage sack with three ears of corn she was in Heaven!
Grandma Dede told me exactly how to make the perfect microwave corn. Four minutes for two ears, rub them with butter and wrap in wax paper. The corn smelled wonderful
and the girls were so excited. Then...

I realized we don't have corn holders. So we used the only thing I could think of to use. Forks!
So please if the Scotts are on your Christmas list...we could really use some corn on the cob holders!
Thanks for the corn, Grandma Dede!
2 comments:
This is tooo funny! Very ingenius though, I don't know that I would've thought of it.
Only you Sara! That is hilarious and I am telling Courtney to check out the pics! Ha ha ha!
Post a Comment